Write a review
- 1 Cup long grain rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Stick cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk (I used rice milk but I think next time I'll try coconut for thicker drink)
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Place rice, water, and cinnamon stick in a container and soak overnight
- Place the soaked rice and cinnamon, and its water, in a blender and process until smooth
- Strain the mixture through a seive, into a pitcher, large jar, or bowl
- Add "milk", vanilla, and agave (if using) and stir well
- Pour into glasses, over ice. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy cold OR skip the ice and steam the Horchata and pour over a shot of esspresso for a Horchata Latte!
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/