Check out the grayish-blue skin and bright orange flesh. So cool!
This dish is a great addition to any meal, especially Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
1. Cut the squash with a beveled cut so that the “lid” can be placed back on the opening and will not fall in.
2. Scoop out the *seeds with a spoon and set aside.
3.Place the squash in a lightly oiled baking dish or roasting pan.
4. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour and a half or until tender (the time will depend on the size of the squash).
5. When the squash is cool enough to touch it can be stuffed. Spoon the prepared stuffing loosely in to the squash cavity.
6. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place the squash lid back on and return it to the oven and cook for approximately 25 to 30 more minutes or until the stuffing is heated through.
7. Scoop the squash out of the skin with the stuffing and enjoy!