Mulled Wine Cookies
2 1/2 cups (325g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups vegan butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1 large egg equivalent (flax egg, chia egg or any egg replacer)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg replacer and vanilla extract mix until well combined.
- Add the wine and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined.
- Create 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sugar to coat. Set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes with your cookie cutter of choice
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.