Roasted Brussels Sprout SaladCourse: Miscellaneous
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 small Red onion, diced
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 small (or 1/2 large) lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed
1/2 cup Almonds, whole or chopped
2 Tbsp Pickled mustard seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the almonds on a baking sheet about 7 to 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven heat to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends and outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts and slice in half lengthwise.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and add a dash of salt and pepper.
bake for 30 minutes or until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir red onion and pickled mustard seeds to dressing
- Roughly chop the almonds
- Toss together the Brussels sprouts, chopped almonds, and dressing and serve at room temperature