Dandelion Vegan Goat Cheese Gratin
2 med-large bunches dandelion greens
3-4 ounces plant-based “goat” cheese
1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
3 Tbs. plus 1/4 cup plant-based parmesan
1/4 cup dry crispy fried onions
1-1/3 cups plant-based cream
1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Wash and trim the greens of their lower stems and rinse thoroughly.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add dandelion greens to boiling water and cook until tender (about 5 minutes), keeping the empty pot nearby.
- Drain the greens well and set aside.
- In your pot, warm the cream on low and add the soft cheese, mashing with a fork if necessary, until it becomes creamy and sauce-like.
- Add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the greens to a cutting board and chop them coarsely. Add them to the pot with cream and cheese.
- Combine breadcrumbs with parmesan and fried onions
- Spread the dandelion cheese mixture into a baking dish. And top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes, then uncovered until the crumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.