Firecracker Cake Pops
I was trying to think of a recipe that would remind me of fireworks, for the 4th of July, when I remembered that one year I brought pop rocks to a firework party. Next thing you know....
Write a review
- The ingredients will vary depending on whether you prefer to dip your cake pops in melted chocolate or frosting so read them carefully.
- 1 cake (you can use your favourite recipe or cake mix or follow the link at the bottom of this post)
- 1 batch of buttercream or vanilla frosting OR 1 cup frosting and 1lb candy melts or white chocolate
- 1 package of red pop rocks
- 1 package of blue pop rocks
- While your cake is baking or cooling, prepare your butter cream frosting
- Crumble your fully baked and cooled cake into a bowl until it looks like thick grainy sand. If doing it by hand isn’t working, you can give it a quick zap in the food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of frosting to the cake and mix together thoroughly with your hands .
- Form small golf size balls using a cookie dough scooper or your hands. Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Once all of your balls are formed, dip the tips of your lollipop sticks into frosting and insert into the centers until the lollipop sticks are about 2/3 - 3/4 of the way in but not all the way through.
- If you are coating your cake pops in chocolate, melt it now in a double boiler or microwave. When your chocolate is fully melted and shiny, move on to the next step.
- Dip your cake pops gently into the chocolate or icing, coating them completely. Then twirl them gently to remove excess coating off of them and set them back onto your tray. While coating is still wet, sprinkle with a generous helping of pop rocks. Once pops are coated and decorated you can then chill them again for another 20-30 minutes until they've harden.
- These pops can last for up to a week stored in your fridge or up to several weeks stored in your freezer. ENJOY!
- The quantity this produces depends on the size of the balls you make
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/