Oat and Seed Bars
They were so tasty! I am embarrassed to admit how few days these lasted in our house. In fact I refuse to. But just to give you an idea... we are only 2 people living here at the moment, and by the end of the 3rd day ... there were none left.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of seeds - pumpkin or sunflower or a mix of both
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Grease an 8 inch square baking dish (or line with parchment paper).
- In food processor, whiz oats until coarsely ground. Not to a powder - there can be some bits.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Mix together and add wet mixture to dry mixture until combined.
- Fold in seeds, nuts, berries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and smooth out with a spatula so that it is even and level.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 8 bars and storing in an air tight container.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for up to one week and in the freezer for up to 3 months
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/