Hazelnut Cherry Thumbprints
1/2 Cup vegan butter
1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
The vegan equivalent of 2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup toasted, skinned and ground Hazelnuts
Cherry Jam for filling
- Blend butter and 1/2 a up of the sugar in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the equivalent of 1 egg and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and salt until just combined and pat into a flat round disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and
Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix hazelnuts and remaining 1 Tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, dip in the egg replacement and roll in the hazelnuts and sugar.
- Space balls apart 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Press down on the centre of each ball with your thumb.
Bake 10 minutes
- Press down gently on the middle with the end of the handle of a wooden spoon.
Return cookies to oven until the edges are golden brown (about 10 more minutes).
- Fill centres with Cherry Jam and enjoy!