1 lemon, sliced
10 Elderflower Blossoms, rinsed and trimmed of all greenery
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar(approx. 5 cups)
2 cups water (approx. 4 cups)
1/2 tablespoon citric acid
- Add the lemon slices and elderflower blossoms to a large heat safe mason jar
- In a separate pot, add the sugar, water and citric acid and bring to a boil
- Once the sugar has dissolved, pour the sugar syrup slowly over the lemons and elderflower blossoms and stir well to combine.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and cover with a lid.
- Leave to sit for 48 hours, stirring a couple of times each day.
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer or cheesecloth to remove any impurities.
- Add this syrup to a pot and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat down so the mixture sits at a low boil for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before use.
- Mix with still or sparkling water at a syrup to water ratio of 1 ounce of syrup for every 1 cup of water or other beverage