Pasta PrimaveraDifficulty: Easy
I’m not sure how obvious or visible it is in the photo but the pasta pieces are green and white and shaped like leaves. It’s not typically what pasta you use for pasta primavera but this isn’t a typical pasta primavera.
1 small-medium bunch of fresh asparagus spears
3/4 cup shelled peas
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets
1 leek, sliced
Grated vegan parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper to taste *optional
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Pasta of your choice
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the peas for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and broccoli to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus spears, and let cook for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove all the vegetables from the pot and place them in a bowl.
- In a warm sauté pan, add olive oil, leek, and garlic and cook until softened before adding the cooked vegetables, toss together, and remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package (or your pasta recipe, if you made the pasta yourself), then drain and add to the pan with the vegetables, gently mixing everything together, and serve with freshly grated pepper and grated vegan parmesan to taste.