Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Earth Balance, Vegan Butter or Margarine
- 1 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg replacers ( I use flax seed mush. It tastes a little nuttier and it's easy to make)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2/3 Cup of dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks. ( I usually throw a bar of Camino in a little bag and give it a few wacks with a rolling pin)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix Flour, Baking Soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, cream butter and sugar and add egg replacer and vanilla.
- Mix well and add slowly to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Fold in rolled oats
- scoop spoons of cookie batter onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie and temperament of your oven.
- Allow cookies to cool at least a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack or they will crumble.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/