Vegan Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Write a review
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Stalk chopped celery
- 1 Cup sliced White Button Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Dried Shitaki Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Cream ( I used Belsoy)
- 1 Cup Soy Milk
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Tsp Dry Green Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak Shitake mushroom in the hot water for about 20 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms once soft and cool enough to handle and put the mushroom water aside for later.
- Sauté Shallots, garlic, and celery in butter and olive oil until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add Thyme and Mushrooms and continue to cook over a medium low until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add wine and stir.
- Add broth, mushroom water, cream and soy milk.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes or until soup reduces and almost at its desired consistency.
- Add Salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove half the soup from the pot and allow to cool down enough to be added to a blender or food processor; Puré and return to the soup that remains in the pot.
- stir, serve and enjoy.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/