Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1210
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 60g
Monounsaturated Fat 57g
Total Carbohydrates 77g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or a mix of olive and walnut oil
- 1 small onion chopped - chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms (I used a mix of portobello, white and brown) - chopped
- 1 cup walnuts or mix of walnuts and cashews - chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Salt and/or seasoning (I used Spike and a little dash of Bragg) and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Fresh parsley - chopped - for garnish
- Sauté the onion in the oil a few minutes, until tender and becoming translucent.
- Add mushrooms, yeast and seasonings and continue to sauté until the mushrooms are quite tender. If the pan becomes too dry, add a bit more oil or a teaspoon or two of water.
- Add walnuts and stir until they are well coated with the oil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at least 10 minutes
- Combine all of the ingredients in the container of a food processor or nutribullet/magic bullet.
- Process until smoothly pureed
- Garnish with Parsley
- Serve warm or at room temperature with matzo or raw veggies.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/