Blog/ Health

Blood Test Check List

What blood tests should I get

This Blood Test Check List is from a series of printable pdf’s that I created for my Holistic Nutrition and Naturopathy website, http://www.holisticnutritionandnaturalhealth.com , including lists of foods that include corn, gluten, dairy and soy.

It can be hard sometimes to know what to ask for when you go to the doctor, and even when you think you’re asking for something, it might not be what your doctor has in mind for you. For example, typically when you ask your doctor to check you thyroid, they will only test your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).

Normally when the body cannot supply enough usable thyroid hormone for it to function properly, the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) increases in an effort to get the thyroid to make more thyroid hormone. Many thyroid problems, however, exist even if TSH shows as “normal”.

About 94% of the hormones made in the thyroid gland is T4. The remaining 6 % is T3.

Your body converts the T4 hormone into the active form of thyroid hormone, T3. If your body is not good at this conversion, (which is quite common) your TSH will still show as normal, even though you are low in T3, and when this happens, you can have all the symptoms of a low thyroid and still have a normal TSH test.

That’s why it is important to ask for a complete thyroid panel, that will look at T3 and T4 levels and other essential components of thyroid function.

Liked it? Take a second to support Jennifer-June on Patreon!
Become a patron at Patreon!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge