Write a review
- 4 tablespoons Vegan butter ( I used earth balance)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used quinoa-flax milk) or water
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin ( I prefer uncooked but cooked does just as well)
- The equivilent of two eggs ( see Vegan replacements for examples of ingredients that you can substitute for eggs - I used chia seeds in water)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and oil together for a minute or two, until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg replacer and mix.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet, alternating with the milk or water until a thick batter is achieved, and pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for at least an hour (exact time will vary depending on your ingredients and oven), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/