Vegan Pumpkin BreadCourse: Cakes, Desserts, Vegan Baking, Vegan Brunch, vegan recipes
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup nondairy milk (I recommend oat or soy) or water
1 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin ( canned or baked)
6 Tbs aquafaba, or the equivalent of two eggs ( see Vegan replacements for examples of ingredients that you can substitute for eggs)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves)
1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine aquafaba, oil, sugar, and pumpkin together for a minute or two.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet, alternating with the milk or water until a thick batter is achieved, and pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pepitas on top if using
- Bake for at least an hour (exact time will vary depending on your ingredients and oven), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before serving