Write a review
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Cups Flour (for a white and fluffy All-American style cake, use unbleached white. For more flavour and texture try combining white with whole wheat.
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- Equivalent of 1 egg (I use EnerG)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk (I used a coconut almond milk)
- a blend of cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mix berries in a bowl with 1/4 of the flour, and set aside.
- Cream sugar with butter and add egg
- In another bowl, sift together remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Fold in blueberries
- Pour into a greased 8X8 baking pan
- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- bake 35-40 minutes.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/