This is a vegan take on Hawaiian misoyaki butterfish. I've added ginger and olive oil but both are entirely optional
Write a review
- 1 Pkg Tofu (Aprox 450g) Or 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Saki (optional)
- 4 Tbs Light Miso
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbs Mirin or Sherry
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil (optional)
- 1 Tbs fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Gently warm miso, sugar, mirin, oil, and ginger in a saucepan on the stove.
- Slice tofu (or cauliflower) into "steaks" aproximately 1/2 - 3/4 inches thick
- Place on a lightly oiled backing sheet and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the slices
- start to (tofu will puff up) and become golden brown.
- Remove tofu and/or cauliflower from the oven and turn to broil.
- Brush "steaks" lightly with miso mixture and return to oven to broil until lightly browned.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/