Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2008
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 27g
Monounsaturated Fat 127g
Total Carbohydrates 312g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Leek or red onion, cut in thick slices
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut in thick slices
- 1 small Turnip peeled and cut in thick slices
- 2-3 large carrots, washed and cut in thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ (17-ounce) vegan frozen puff pastry sheet (1 sheet), thawed
- ⅛ vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp Spike seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine carrots, parsnips, turnip, onion, parsnips, leek (or red onion) oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place in a well greased casserole baking pan. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and toss with rosemary and seasoning if using. Spread vegetables so the are relatively even across the bottom of the pan. Roll pastry sheet out across the vegetables.
- brush pastry gently with a light coating of melted vegan butter.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- To serve flip over onto serving platter or cutting board.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/