Mediterranean Inspired Potato Salad
Write a review
- 1 small red onion or 2 scallions diced or sliced thinly
- about 10 small potatoes of your choice ( I used rainbow potatoes to add colour)
- 1 big handful of green beans with the tips trimmed off.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil) sliced in slivers
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata or olive of your choice
- 1/4 cup pickled sea-fennel, rapini or other pickled greens
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup vegan feta (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Cut potatoes into halves or quarters and boil potatoes until tender
- While potatoes are cooking, either steam or sauté green beans until tender also.
- Drain potatoes and beans and set aside.
- In a salad bowl combine all remaining ingredients well.
- Add potatoes and beans to the bowl and gently mix until potatoes are coated in the dressing.
- Garnish with vegan feta and serve.
- This salad can be served warm or chilled. I prefer warm because the "feta" melts a little and also the warmth brings out the flavour of the olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/