Flamingo Fennel Rhubarb Slush
I found the original cocktail a bit sweet and strong when I tried it, so I adapted it for a slightly lighter more refreshing summer afternoon cocktail.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ¼ fennel bulb, untrimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 large rhubarb stalk, thinly sliced
- ¼cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4oz dry vermouth
- 4oz gin
- 12 large ice cubes
- 1 stalk rhubarb, shaved for garnish
- Combine fennel and vermouth in a glass jar. Cover and chill at least 2 and up to 7 days.
- Bring rhubarb, sugar, and ½ cup water to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until mixture is pink and slightly syrupy, 14–16 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a blender and purée until smooth).
- Blend fennel-infused vermouth, rhubarb purée, lemon juice, gin, vermouth and ice in a blender or bullet. Pour into glasses and garnish with shaved rhubarb.
Adapted from Dave Muller & Lana Porcello, Outerlands, San Francisco, CA
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/