Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1. 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3. 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4. 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5. 3/4 cup sugar
- 6. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7. 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8. 3/4 cup unsweetened almond (or other non-dairy) milk
- 9. 1/4 cup cold brewed espresso
- 10. 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 11. 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 12. 2 Tbsp Natural Red Food Colouring
Cream cheese frosting
- 1. 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2. 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter ( I use Earth Balance) 3. 1/2 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 4. 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 5. A couple of drops of Red Food Colouring
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the food colouring, a couple of drops at a time, until the desired colour is achieved.
- Pour into the lined cups of a muffin tin
- Bake 12-18 minutes, depending on your oven, or until they pass the toothpick test.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of a mixer cream vegan margarine, Cream cheese, Vanilla, and sugar together until smooth.
- Add more or less powdered sugar to adjust to your preferred sweetness.
- Add colour one drop at a time until desired colour is achieved.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/