One of my absolute favourite holiday treats if Pumpkin Pie. When I found out that it was just as easy to make a plant based version I was over the moon with excitement. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Vegan Pumpkin PieCourse: Desserts
1 3/4 cups cooked pumpkin, pureed
3/4 cup full fat plant milk
2 Tbs Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 Vegan pie crust ( recipe here )
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt and mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie crust, using a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly and smooth out the top, and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely and place in refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 4 hours, until completely set.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream and enjoy!