Potato Leek Soup
Write a review
- 1-2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 2-3 Whole sliced Leeks
- 1 Cup chopped Parsley
- 2 Large Sliced Carrots
- 2 Chopped stalks of Celery
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes (cubed)
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- 2-3 leaves fresh Sage (Chopped)
- 2 Sprigs fresh Dill (Chopped)
- 1 Handful fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Salt or Spike Seasoning to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Roast Whole Garlic Bulb in a 350 degree oven until the flesh of the cloves is soft (aprox 20 mins).
- Squeeze cloves from bulb and set aside.
- Saute leeks, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes in oil for 5-8 minutes.
- Add dill, sage, parsley, garlic, seasonings and broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low until veggies are tender enough to puree.
- Transfer soup to food processor or blender in 3-5 batches, depending on the size of your food processor, and blend until
- chunky and thick.
- Slow down on the liquid near the last batch or two to adjust the thickness of the soup. You might not want all the water or broth in the end.
- Re-heat on the stove. Garnish with dill or parsley and serve.
- *Note: Leeks tend to collect a lot of soil right about where the green and white parts meet. Make sure you wash them well unless you like crunchy soup. ; )
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/