Vegan Rainbow Sushi Roll
Write a review
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 hello pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 cup purple micro greens (I used amaranth) or very thinly sliced or shredded purple cabbage
- a handful of blue edible flowers
- Soy sauce/tamari, pickled ginger, wasabi (optional // for serving)
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer until your water runs clear. Add to a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Once it boils reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is completely absorbed – about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add vinegar, sugar and salt to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar and salt are dissolved. Place in a jar or dish and set aside to cool.
- Once the rice is done, remove from heat and add the vinegar mixture, stirring gently with a fork as to not over-mix.
- Slice your veggies into thin pieces.
- Lay your sushi roller flat and cover completely (both sides) with plastic wrap, Using your hands dipped in water (to avoid sticking), pat a very thin and even layer of rice all over the plastic.
- Lay a sheet of nori over the rice and pat gently, so that the rice sticks to it.
- Arrange a serving of your veggies and micro greens in a line at the bottom 3/4 of the rice closest to you.
- Start to roll the mat, nori and rice over with your fingers, molding and compressing into a tight roll . Continue until it’s all the way rolled up.
- Slice with a sharp knife.
- Garnish with blue flowers.
- Serve with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/