Beet & Citrus Salad
I'm posting this salad in the spirit of Valentine's day - and as a gesture of love to you. This is a freebee from my Vegan Valentine e-book.
Write a review
- 4 Medium Beets - peeled, sliced and boiled until tender
- 1 Large Orange - Peeled and sliced into small wedges or slices
- 1 Medium Grapefruit - Peeled and sliced into small wedges or slices
- 1/2 Small-Medium Daikon Radish - Sliced thinly
- 1 small Red Onion - Sliced very thinly
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves. Chopped or torn into little bits.
- Soft Lettuce Leaves to serve the salad on. I used Boston lettuce.
- 2 Tbs lime juice (or the juice of half a fresh Lime)
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A few whole mint leaves for garnish
- Line bowls or plates with lettuce leaves.
- Gently combine all remaining ingredients and serve on lettuce.
- Garnish with a couple of mint leaves,
- and Enjoy!
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/