Vegan "shrimp" Wonton Soup
I used to LOVE shrimp wonton soup when I was still eating seafood, so I created a pretty perfect substitute. Of course, you can substitute with vegan pork or diced tofu or just use vegetables if you prefer.
Write a review
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 25-35 Won Ton Wrappers (Depending on how fat you stuff them)
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cups Sliced Leeks
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Chopped Mushrooms (I used a combination of Oyster and Beech mushrooms for this recipe but use which ever you like)
- 1/2 TBS Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Vegan *Shrimp
- 1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 Shredded Carrot
- 1 Chopped Stalk of Celery
- Dash of Spike
- Ground Pepper to taste
- A few Sprigs of Cilantro
- Saute leeks, garlic and ginger in oils until leeks begin to get tender. Add Vegan Shrimp and remaining vegetables (with the exception of the Bean Sprouts) , spike and pepper.
- Keep sauteing until all vegetables are coated in oil.
- Add 1/4 cup water and simmer 6-7 minutes or until water evaporates.
- Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Stuffing the Won Tons
- Scoop a teaspoon or two of filling onto the middle of each won ton wrapper.
- Dip a finger into a bowl of water and trace some water onto the edges of the wrapper and gently pinch all four corners together as pictured in the photo below.
- Bring Vegetable Broth to a gentle boil.
- Lower Won Tons into the broth along with 1/2 Cup of Mung Bean Sprouts.
- Keep at med heat for about 5 minutes. The Won Tons will surface to the top of the
- broth as they cook.
- Garnish with remaining Bean Sprouts and Cilantro and enjoy!
- * You can substitute with vegan pork or diced tofu or omit all together if you prefer.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/