(Vegan) Maple Sandwich Cookies
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
The equivalent of 1 small egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple filling
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190C) and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a different mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until fluffy, then beat in the egg substitute and vanilla until combined.
- Beat the dry ingredients into wet mixture on low until combined. Form into a (sticky) ball wrap in parchement paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and divide into 2 parts. Roll out the first part on a floured surface to about 1/8″ thick and cut out maple leaf (or shape of your choice) cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for approximately 8 or 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
Allow cooling completely before adding filling between pairs of cookies.