Vegan Cream Of Tomato Soup
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (14-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1 small red onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 stalk celery - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- A small handful of fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Melt butter with olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and celery until onion starts to become translucent. Add carrots and sauté until quite tender.
- Add tomatoes, their juices, tomato paste, and broth. Season with salt and pepper and herbal seasoning, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and puree tomato mixture and fresh basil in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Return soup to a pot and warm over low heat. Whisk in cream, salt and pepper. Garnish, serve and enjoy.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/