Vegan Chile Verde
This vegan Chile Verde is so delicious! We ate it hot as a chile, and then later we ate the leftovers cold as a dip with tortilla chips!
Write a review
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cups cooked White Kidney or Navy Beans
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Medium Onion - Chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic - Minced or crushed
- 1 Stalk Celery - Chopped
- 10 Tomatillos - Peeled and chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper - Diced
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper - Minced
- 2 Serrano Peppers - Minced
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, saute onions, garlic and celery until they start to become translucent.
- Add Jalapeño and Serrano and continue to saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Cumin, Bell pepper and Tomatillos, continue to saute for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Beans, 3 cups of Vegetable Broth, and Salt and pepper and reduce heat to simmer until tomatillos are tender.
- Add Cilantro and remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, blend 2/3 of the soup for a few seconds, until it is well blended but still a little bit chunky, not completely pureed.
- Return soup to pot and reheat, adding as much as the reserved broth as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Enjoy!
- Optional additions : tostadas, tortilla chips, vegan sour cream, avocado slices, grated vegan cheese
- You may need to experiment with the quantities a little bit to meet your tastes, I'm writing this now, while trying to remember what I did so I'm estimating a little bit.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/