Vegan Carrot Spice Muffins
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk ( I used a coconut blend)
- 1 teaspoon apple cidre vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance because it tastes the most like butter)
- Equivilant of 1 large egg ( I used EnerG egg replacer)
- 2 cups carrots, washed and fine grated
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line 12 cups of a standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups/liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, vinegar, vegan butter, and egg replacer.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet mixture until just combined. Fold in grated carrots.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 25-30 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
- I garnished mine by placing a simple walnut half on top of each muffin, right before putting them into the oven to bake.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/