Thai Coconut Curry Soup
Write a review
- 2 Teaspoons Coconut, Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cans Coconut Milk
- 1 TBS Red Curry Paste
- 2 Thai Chillies
- 3 Lime (Kaffir) Leaves; torn or rubbed
- Juice of one Lime
- 3 Cloves Garlic; peeled and squished by the flat side of a knife
- 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro
- 6-8 Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 (body of) lemongrass stalk; chopped into 6 pieces
- 1 3-inch piece of fresh Ginger; sliced
- 1 Can Bamboo shoots
- 1 Can Straw mushrooms
- 1 Cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 Cup Snow Peas
- 1 Cup sliced red and yellow sweet peppers (bell peppers will do)
- 2 Cups baby Bok Choi
- 2 Medium Carrots sliced lengthwise into slim sticks (julienne)
- 8 oz Grilled Tofu Strips
- In a frying pan or small sauce pan lightly saute garlic, lemongrass, lime leaves, chillies, and 1/2 (gently rubbed) of the cilantro over medium low heat, for 3 or 4 minutes max.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pass mixture through a sieve, colander or cheesecloth and into a soup or stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients excluding Snow peas, Bok Choi, Enoki Mushrooms, Lime Juice and 1/2 of the remaining Cilantro and Basil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh Cilantro or Basil Leaves.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/