Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic Scape Pumpkin Seed PestoCourse: Miscellaneous
I LOVE sweet potato noodles so much! And I love pesto so much! So I put the two together. Feel free to swap out the veggies for ones you prefer or have on hand, like snow peas, broccoli or kale, and to swap the pesto out for your favourite, if garlic scapes and pumpkin seeds aren’t your thing.
- Sweet Potato Noodles & Veg
8 ounces Sweet Potato Noodles
1 small-medium bunch Chinese Broccoli, chopped roughly
4-6 Japanese Turnips (optional), quartered and with most of the greens trimmed
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 Tsp Sessame oil
2 Tbsp water
2 fresh scallions, sliced (garnish)
1-2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
1/8 cup torn fresh herbs of your choice
- Garlic Scape Pumpkin Seed Pesto
8-10 Garlic Scapes – Chopped roughly
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground pepper
- Prepare sweet potato noodles as per the instructions on the package
- Warm sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan, and add all veggies, sautéing until tender.
- Combine noodles, vegetables and pesto in the pan (if there is room) or a large bowl, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil to thin out as needed.