Write a review
- 1 Cup Arborio rice
- 1 Cup Dry white wine
- 7 Cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 Cup Frozen pease
- 1 Roma Tomato - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Large Shallot - peeled and diced
- 1 Celery stalk - diced
- 1 Clove Garlic - minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Tomato paste
- 1/8 Cup boiled water
- 1 Large pinch of Saffron
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 Tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos or Soy sauce
- Salt & freshly ground Pepper
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Place saffron in a bowl with the boiled water and set aside to bloom.
- Blooming the saffron is an important step, do not skip it.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until shallot is soft.
- Add Bragg (or soy sauce) and tomato paste, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir until coated.
- Add the wine and simmer for about a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the saffron and its water. Stir constantly, until most of the water is absorbed - about 8 minutes.
- Add the other 3 cups of stock and the peas, and simmer until the rice is tender, stirring continuously, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the fresh parsley, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and continue stirring.
- The desired consistency is thick and creamy, so if you need to, you can add more stock and stir a bit longer. It will vary from cook to cook, from stove to stove, and ingredient to ingredient.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and ground pepper.
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/