Red Velvet Vampire CupcakesCourse: Miscellaneous
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened almond (or other non-dairy) milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Natural Red Food Colouring
- Cream cheese frosting:
2 Cups powdered sugar
1/2 Cup Vegan Butter ( I use Earth Balance) 3. 1/2 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
1 Tsp Vanilla
A couple of drops of Red Food Colouring
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the food colouring, a couple of drops at a time, until the desired colour is achieved.
- Pour into the lined cups of a muffin tin and bake 12-18 minutes, depending on your oven, or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In the bowl of a mixer cream vegan margarine, Cream cheese, Vanilla, and sugar together until smooth.
Add more or less powdered sugar to adjust to your preferred sweetness.
Add colour one drop at a time until desired colour is achieved.
- Poke two fang holes into each cupcakes and drip a few drops of food colouring (gel works best) from each hole.