Kimchi Summer Rolls
The great thing about summer rolls, aside from the taste of course, is that they are so easy to make, don’t heat up the kitchen while you’re making them, and they transport easily so you can take them to picnics or in your lunch box. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Write a review
- A Bowl of Warm Water for softening the wrappers in
- 8 Rice Paper Wrappers
- 30 grams vermicelli rice noodles or rice sticks
- 200 grams tofu cut in thin rectangular strips
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 small-medium carrots julienned
- Thinly sliced Green Onions
- 8 leaves or 2 cups of soft lettuce leaves, such as Boston lettuce
- 2 cups *kimchi - you can use store-bought or a homemade recipe like the one below in the notes.
- Handful of fresh Mint, or Cilantro
- Generous pinch of salt
- Place tofu strips in a bowl or container with the juice of 1-2 limes (if this doesn't cover the tofu, add a bit of water) and a generous pinch of salt, and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, drain and set aside to cool.
- Fill a bowl, large enough to lay a wrapper flat in, with warm water.
- Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a couple of seconds to soften.
- Lay wrapper flat on a cutting board or counter.
- In a row, along once side of the wrapper, place a handful of vermicelli, tofu strips, kimchi, cilantro (or mint), lettuce, and vegetables, . Fold ends inward, then tightly roll the wrapper.
- Serve with Peanut Sauce.
- * https://sweetvegan.net/vegan-kimchi
Sweet Vegan https://sweetvegan.net/