Creamy Apple Cinnamon Raisin OatmealCourse: Breakfast
2 cups water
1 cup rolled oats
1 small apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup plant based milk
1/3 cup dried raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped *optional
- Place the two cups of water and the cinnamon in a medium-size saucepan, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add raisins and apple pieces and cook for one minute, to soften apples and rehydrate raisins
- Add the Old Fashioned Oats and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for five minutes.
- Pour in the milk and stir well. Keep cooking for five more minutes, stirring frequently to keep the oatmeal from sticking to the saucepan.
- When the oatmeal is thick and creamy, then remove from the heat. Serve it in bowls, sprinkle with some toasted nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup or brown sugar.