These pancakes are from Forks over Knives and can be prepared ahead of time and frozen for quick-and-easy breakfasts.
1 cup oat flour (you can make your own; see tip)
2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 dash sea salt
1⁄2 cup unflavored plant milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt and mix well. Add plant milk, vanilla, cider vinegar, and 1⁄2cup water and whisk until well combined.
- Add apple and stir to incorporate. Let batter stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes until hot, then reduce heat to low.
- For each pancake, ladle about ¼ cup batter into the pan. Cook until small bubbles start to form on the outer edge and then the center of each, a few minutes. Flip, then cook the pancake for a few minutes more.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup