Vegan Spinach, Mushroom, & Artichoke Calzones
This Calzone is stuffed with Spinach, Mushrooms, Artichokes and Vegan Ricotta - Just like the traditional
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 615
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 69g
Saturated Fat 17g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 25g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrates 102g
Dietary Fiber 21g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups store-bought or homemade vegan ricotta cheese
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted, drained, and chopped (but I used the pickled kind in the jar - about 2 cups - and they were awesome!)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package chopped spinach
- 1 8 ounces package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 1 few leaves chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 batches sourdough pizza crust or other favorite pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms; sauté until vegetables are tender and mushrooms give up some of their liquid. Stir in garlic, artichokes, spinach, and basil. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add ricotta and parmesan cheeses to cooled vegetables; mix together well.
- Divide pizza dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. Place about 1/3 cup of filling on pizza dough. Fold in half and pinch edges together. Place on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil, if desired.
- Bake calzones for 20 minutes in 400°F oven. Eat hot or cold.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/