Vegan Sausage & Plantain Hash
4 vegan sausages, chopped
1 large ripe plantain, peeled and diced
4 small potatoes, diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 small-medium yello onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 cups fresh dinosaur Kale, chopped or torn (optional)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Spike (or your favourite seasoning) or salt (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup water (use only as needed)
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil, add the onion and celery and sausage, until the onions are translucent and the sausage is browned and set aside.
- Add plantains to the pan cook about 5 minutes max, , turning to brown each side and set aside with the sausages.
- Add potatoes, garlic and water to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring gently but frequently. If the pan gets too dry, add more water.
- Once potatoes are tender, return the sausages and plantains to the pan along with all remaining ingredients and sauté just long enough that the kale is wilted but still bright green, and the hash is well coated in the seasoning.
- Eat along or as a side dish at brunch. Enjoy!