I’m not even going to pretend this breakfast is healthy, because it’s not.
I’m going to tell you the truth. It’s straight up junk food. And I love it.
Vegan Egg McMuffin
This recipe is dedicated to my friend Mel.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 35g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 17g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 44g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 English Muffins
- 2 Slices of Firm Tofu, cut in squares or circles, the size of your muffins and about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Slices Veggie "bacon", "ham", or "balogna"
- 2 Individually packaged Vegan Cheese Slices (you know the ones. They taste exactly like the non-vegan ones - so basically, weird rubbery slices of chemical awesome)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbs Water
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- Salt or Seasoning of your choice (I use Spike, because I LOVE it)
- Pepper to taste
- Mix water, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and seasoning and pour over tofu slices, in a container big enough for both slices to sit side by side. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes, and flip. Marinade again for at least another 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry tofu slices and bacon until thoroughly heated and a little crispy around the edges.
- Place a "cheese" slice on each piece of tofu and continue to cook until the "cheese" starts to droop over the sides.
- Toast your English muffins.
- Place a slice of veggie "bacon" on the bottom half of each muffin. Place the "cheese" covered tofu on top, then cover with the top of your english muffin.
- Eat, enjoy, and marvel in the wonder of how vegan crap can taste almost EXACTLY like not vegan crap, and just as tasty, if not better. :)
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/