Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
A zucchini cake that is so moist and delicous, it tastes like brownies.
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Vegan equivilant of 2 eggs - I used EnerG
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.
- Add lemon juice to non-dairy milk, and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Beat sugar, "butter" and oil in large bowl until well blended.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cake completely in pan.
- Some people like their Zucchini cake frosted or baked with chocolate on top, but honestly, I found it so moist and delicious, it didn't need it.
- Walnuts would make a nice optional addition to the batter, added at the same time as the grated zucchini
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/