Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 34g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14oz. pkg. extra firm tofu
- 1 ½ - 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 Banh Mi buns or a fresh baguette, sliced into sandwich sized portions
- Vegan mayonaise ( we used Sriracha veganaise)
- a few sprigs of cilantro per sandwich
- sriracha, to taste
- 1 small daikon julienned
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1-½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ (or more) cup white wine vinegar
- ½ (or more) cup rice vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- a few pinches of salt
- 1-2 drops of liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- juice of ½ lime + a little zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Make ahead: Place thinly sliced daikon, carrots, cucumbers, and jalapeños in a medium jar with white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. If the liquids don’t cover the veggies, add about 2 tablespoons of water and more vinegar if necessary (the amount you need will depend on the size of your jar).
- Let chill for at least a couple of hours, and store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
- Drain tofu, slice it into approx. ½ inch slices. Place on a towel and gently pat dry to remove excess water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, tamari, lime, zest, garlic, ginger, and freshly cracked pepper.
- Marinade tofu and mushrooms together at least 15 minute in advance.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Add a little oil to the pan and add tofu and mushroom pieces and cook until mushrooms are thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat.
- Assemble sandwiches with mayo, tofu slices, pickled veggies, cilantro and serve with sriracha and enjoy!
- For the pickled veggies: If you're sensitive to spicy foods, omit or go light on the jalapeños.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/