Tofu Pad Thai
1 cup water
6-oz. flat Pad Thai rice noodles or rice sticks
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs Fresh ginger grated
1/2 12-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into strips
2 cups sweet potato and/or zucchini noodles
1 red bell pepper sliced into fine strips
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. peanut butter
2 Tbs lime juice
1 Tbs Ketchup
2 Tbs Tamarind paste/puree
1 Tbs dulce flakes
Sriracha, to taste
Sliced green onions, for garnish
Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
Fresh Cilantro for garnish (optional)
2 cups Greens ( Broccoli and/or Chard or Kale or Bok Choi)
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- Add zucchini/sweet potato/squash noodles and continue to sauté until tender
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, Ketchup, dulce, Tamarind, Sriracha, and soy sauce and water and add to tofu and veggies. Mix together well without bruising the zucchini.
- In another pot cook noodles according the instructions on their package and set aside.
- Add the well drained noodles to the tofu mixture and make sure they are well coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, cilantro and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!