Toasted Tamari Squash Seeds
It's not only pumpkin seeds that taste delicious toasted, most winter squash seeds make a yummy snack and provide protein, vitamin A and Iron.
Write a review
- Winter squash seeds ( I've used pumpkin and Hubbard in the past but there are many you can eat)
- Splash of Tamari
- About a tablespoon of Olive or vegetable Oil
- *Seasoning (optional) - I used a sprinkle of SPIKE and a dash of salt
- Wash your seeds thoroughly.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick.
- Fill a medium saucepan with about 2 cups of water and season with 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer seeds for 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with a dish towel.
- Toss your squash seeds in the oil and tamari, gently coating the seeds.
- Lightly toast them either in the oven or in a stove-top pan until they start to pop and turn a dark golden brown. About 10-25 minutes depending on how big the seeds are.
- * The tamari gives a tasty flavour all on its' own but feel free to experiment with some of your favourite seasonings.
- A sprinkle of Spike is nice and if you like your seeds a little on the spicy side add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper before toasting.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/