Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
Write a review
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup + 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon. Put into to greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl combine remaining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, oats and nutmeg. Add vegan butter and, using two butter knives or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until coarse and crumbly. Sprinkle over rhubarb/strawberry mixture pat gently.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/