This recipe is from the Sweet Vegan Valentine eBook – But, what with strawberries and cream being a traditional British treat, it seemed like a fitting post during Wimbledon.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup + 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 2⁄3 Cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk (Soy, Almond, Coconut, Oat etc..)
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider or White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Sliced Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F Use a whisk to mix Milk with vinegar, and set aside. Sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt and set aside. In another bowl, mix the sugar, the oil, and the Vanilla, and add the milk and vinegar. Gradually mix the dry ingredients in with the wet. Pour batter into the cups of a muffin tin, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Allow to cool completely.
- With a whisk, an egg beater, a blender, or a food processor, whip the coconut cream with 1 Tbs sugar (or more if you like it sweet) until it is thick and fluffy. If it is too stiff, you can add a touch of coconut milk or water to think it a little. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the tops off your cupcakes and put a dab of whipped cream and a couple of strawberry slices inside. Replace top and finish with a big dollop of cream and more strawberry slices. These babies are so delicious, you are going to LOVE them!
- This recipe is from the Sweet Vegan Valentine eBook – But, what with strawberries and cream being a traditional British treat, it seemed like a fitting post during Wimbledon.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/