Herbes Salées / Salted Herbs
Write a review
- 1-1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cup leeks, finely chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and finely diced (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped (1 small)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped (2 medium stalks)
- ½ cup fresh chives or garlic chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Himalayan salt
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until very well combined, then gently pound or massage your herbs to bruise them a little and get some moisture out. You don’t want to completely destroy them, just get them to release a little bit of their water.
- Transfer your herbs to an airtight container with fitting lid and refrigerate. Give them a good stir every day for the next 7 days, then store in the refrigerator in Mason type glass jars for up to 6 months.
- I learned this recipe at a workshop and found basically the exact same recipe on several web sites. You can omit any herbs that you don't like, add ones you do that aren't listed, and adjust the quantities of each, to customize the taste according to your personal preferences.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/