Roasted Garlic Corn Chowder
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
6 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Large Onion
1-2 Entire Bulbs of Garlic
1 Large Celery Stalk – Chopped
4 Large Potatoes – Cubed
2 Cups of Fresh or Frozen Corn
2 Large Carrots – Chopped
1/2-1 Cup Non-Dairy Cream
1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro – Chopped
Salt and Pepper and Spike or (other favourite seasoning) to taste (optional)
A few sprigs of Cilantro for Garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350
Place entire Garlic bulbs in a baking dish and bake until soft in the skins (anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on size).
Let sit until cool to the touch.
Peel and mash in a small bowl.
- Heat stock pot on medium.
Add Oil, Onion, Celery and Sauté until onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add Carrots, half the potatoes and mashed Garlic.
Sauté until coated and every so slightly cooked(2-5 minutes).
- Add Vegetable Broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until potatoes start to become tender.
- Add other half of the Potatoes and cook until they start to become tender also.
Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to smush the first batch of Potatoes, to thicken the broth.
Add Corn, Salt, Pepper, Cilantro and Spike.
- Cover and simmer until second batch of potatoes are soft.
Remove from heat.
Stir in Cream.
Garnish with Cilantro and serve.