Roasted Garlic Corn Chowder
Write a review
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Large Onion
- 1-2 Entire Bulbs of Garlic
- 1 Large Celery Stalk - Chopped
- 4 Large Potatoes - Cubed
- 2 Cups of Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 2 Large Carrots - Chopped
- 1/2-1 Cup Non-Dairy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- Salt and Pepper and Spike to taste (optional)
- A few sprigs of Cilantro for Garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Place entire Garlic bulbs in a baking dish and bake until soft in the skins (anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on size).
- Let sit until cool to the touch.
- Peel and mash in a small bowl.
- Heat stock pot on medium.
- Add Oil, Onion, Celery and Sauté until onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add Carrots, half the potatoes and mashed Garlic.
- Sauté until coated and every so slightly cooked(2-5 minutes).
- Add Vegetable Broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until potatoes start to become tender.
- Add other half of the Potatoes and cook until they start to become tender also.
- Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to smush the first batch of Potatoes, to thicken the broth.
- Add Corn, Salt, Pepper, Cilantro and Spike.
- Cover and simmer until second batch of potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Cream.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.
Sweet Vegan http://sweetvegan.net/