Re-Baked PotatoesCourse: Main Dishes
2 Large (3 medium or 4 small) Russet Potatoes
2/3 cup soft tofu
1/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella ( I like to use homemade but Daiya foods makes a pretty good one)
4 slices of your favourite vegan cheese ( I like to use homemade but my favourite store bought is Chao)
1/2 teaspoon Spike Seasoning (optional)
1 tsp chopped fresh or dried dill
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 425°F
- Scrub the potatoes clean, pat them dry and prick the potatoes in a few places with the tines of a fork.
- Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack for 50 to 60 minutes. This is for large potatoes so if your potatoes are smaller or vary in size, you’ll need to check on them earlier.
- Once the potatoes are done, and cool enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the inside fo the potatoes out with a spoon, being careful not to tear the skins, and place in a bowl with the tofu, shredded mozzarella, and seasonings.
- Mash the potato/tofu mix together until well combined with the cheese and seasonings.
- Divide the mash evenly between the potato skins, re-stuffing them. Top each potato half with a slice of cheese and a slice of tomato. If you like you can sprinkle more mozzarella, parmesan, salt pepper or dill etc… on top.
- Return to the oven at 375°F, and bake for another 15 minutes or until potatoes are hot again, tomato slices are tender, and cheese is melted.